Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflections

So, in three short days, I shall turn 28 years old. I can't help but wonder where the last 28 years went. Do I feel that old? Yes, I do. But, I think for the first time in my life, I can truly appreciate what I've done, especially within the last few years. I went from a severely depressed person, still living in her mom's house truly hating life and my job, to having my own apartment, a job I really love, and a renewed sense of self. And, as soon as I get my tax return, I'll be debt free! I really feel that this last decade was the worst, and it's all up hill from here.

Although my life is far from what I consider perfect, I know I can make it everything I want it to be. Over the next five months I plan on getting my weight back down to where I think it should be. Just in the last year alone I went from 140lbs to 170lbs. For someone that is only 5'1", that's a lot. Two weeks ago I started a new workout regime, I'm changing the way I eat, and I took pictures of myself in a bikini to give me added inspiration. And, I think posting the details on here where anyone can read it will give me another extra push to not quit. I know I can do it.

I also plan on working very hard on finishing my novel. I've had the idea for the story for nine years, but I didn't start any actual writing until this last year. I feel that I've finally filled in all the plot holes and I have a story that will captivate readers. I won't divulge the plot on here tho, I don't want anyone stealing my ideas. But, I will keep you updated on how it's coming. I think if I can write several pages a day, I'll be done by the end of the year. Then, hopefully, I can get it published. Cross your fingers!

I've promised myself that I won't give up on any of my goals. I've done this a lot in the past, then blamed others for my failures, especially my family. This is the worst thing I could have done because they've been the ones who've always stood by me no matter what. I only hope that these last few years have brought some redemption from the bitch moves I used to pull. I love my family more than anything, and it's taken quite a few years for me to pull my head out of my ass and admit that I used to treat them like scum. My borderline personality disorder was to blame for some of it, but at the same time I had to take responsibility for my own actions and not let my disease control me. I've grown a lot, and I hope I'm proving that to them as well. I would be nothing without my family, they've helped me get this far, and I know they'll help me get farther. I love you guys!

I've got my plans and I've got my faith. Nothing is going to stop me from my goals. Nothing

2 comments:

  1. I guess a HUGE happy birthday! is in order!!!

    Congratulations on the decision of starting to lead a healthier life. I just started following your blog and I promise a proverbial kick on the back of the head if I 'read' you slacking, as long as you do the same with that is. I decided to start working out at home. I just moved and the gym is way to far for comfort.

    Also, the best of luck with your novel. I'm a writer too and I know the feeling of having a story brewing in your head for years, so get to it hun!

    Happy 28th birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, what a great post! I'm proud of you and the goals you've made. I know you can do it too! I'll be actively working on my weight loss too this year, so maybe we can help and inspire each other?
    Thank you for the lovely things you said about your family. We do love you too, VERY MUCH! You are such a great woman, you deserve so much goodness, love, and happiness. It's been amazing to watch you grow and change and become a happier, healthier person. Keep it up little one! :)
    I'm excited to hear more about your book! I actually thought of an idea for a book recently, but I don't even want to write one, especially about this specific topic! Oh, what do I do? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete