Sunday, January 10, 2010

First Week Update

Okay, bad news first. I have not written in my novel at all. I know, I know, I'm disappointed with myself too. I think though that part of my problem is that I've been focusing so hard on my diet and exercise that I haven't taken the time to sit down and focus on something else. I promise to do better next week!

As for my other goal, I'm well on the way to achieving that. Over Xmas my awesome sister Claire gave me three workout dvds, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, The Biggest Loser Boot Camp, and The Biggest Loser Cardio Mix. Before that I had three others to choose from; Bellydancing, Crunch's Bikini Body, and Cardio Dance Mix. I would do one of those three a couple times a week, each time was about 30 minutes long. Needless to say, I wasn't getting a very good workout. Now I have six different dvd's I can cycle through. My plan has been to do a different one every day so I don't get bored, and on the 7th day either pick one at random or take that day off.

So far I've managed to do one every day for the past week. I really like the boot camp one, it really gives my endurance a challenge. With that one and the Jillian Michael's one I often find myself cursing the instructors by the end, lol. It's hard work! But, I'm not giving up. It feels really good to test my limits. Also, my Aunt Lisa bought a Wii, and got the Wii Fit Plus games. Today was the second day I've been on it and it's so much fun! You don't even realize you're working out until you notice you're sweating. The boxing and hula hoops in the aerobics part are my favorites. I also like the yoga part. It says I have near perfect balance, so I'm working on not shifting my weight so much when I'm standing behind the counter at work.

Speaking of work, I've taken my workouts there as well. In between customers, I do lunges by the magazine racks, and I'll do chest presses on the counter. If I feel really daring I'll drop and do a quick set of pushups as well. I haven't been caught by a customer yet, but I know I will eventually. And yes, I've told my boss and coworkers what I'm doing. They think it's funny, so it's all good.

I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down a pound and a half. However, when I went onto the Wii, it said I was up almost a pound. I think I'll trust my scale, lol.

I'm still having a hard time with my diet, with my work schedule and kid, it's been hard to adjust to not eating fast food all the time. I bought frozen skinless chicken breasts, and I'm measuring portions. I'm also snacking on almonds and small servings of veggie chips. For the first week, I think I'm doing pretty good!

Thank you so much for the wonderful support! I promise to get going on my novel, and I'll keep it up with the workouts. "If you can dream it, you can achieve it"!

No comments:

Post a Comment